Tone House℠ was created by Alonzo Wilson, a former collegiate and professional athlete as well as private trainer in New York City, and current Wilhelmina Fitness Model. In high school, he was introduced to athletic-based extracurricular activities in football, basketball, and track, lettering in all three sports and igniting his passion for fitness and a healthy lifestyle. He then played collegiate football at Grand Valley State University, helping the team win two Division II National Championships, and earning his Bachelor’s Degree in Movement Science Education and Professional Instruction before continuing on to play professionally.
The high level of physical and mental training he achieved during his formative years shaped his vision that fitness and exercise should be integrated into everyone’s life. Alonzo also realized that only 10% of his high school class was exposed to challenging conditioning workouts through team sports. Aside from the average Physical Education class that all students were required to attend, the other 90% were not incorporating intense physical activity on a daily basis, a habit that Alonzo felt should be instilled at a young age.
In the midst of his blossoming football career, Alonzo’s mother also became extremely sick with cancer and sadly lost her battle to the disease. Her passing had a profound and lasting impact on him, ultimately changing his career path. Obesity was a contributing factor to her situation, and he began to think of ways he could have helped change the outcome, all of which kept coming back to fitness. This reaffirmed his belief that exercise and a healthier lifestyle would have significantly lowered her risks or prevented the disease from occurring entirely.
“His movement training philosophy, innovative workouts, and positive energy have transformed his clients’ bodies as well their lives.”Returning to NYC, he accepted a position as trainer for the professional entertainment basketball team, the Harlem Magic Masters, was signed on by the Wilhelmina Modeling Agency, and developed a private training clientele from various demographics (athletes, models, actors, business professionals, etc). His movement training philosophy, innovative workouts, and positive energy have transformed his clients’ bodies as well their lives.
Alonzo felt the public was ready and yearning to take their fitness journey to the next level. His decision to open Tone House stemmed from a desire to fill a void in the industry – allowing the mainstream to experience the extreme in athletic-based training. At Tone House, only fun, adventure, buckets of sweat, and a sense of accomplishment lie ahead.